Investing in insulated garage doors offers a range of advantages to homeowners. However, do you know just how much insulated garage doors can benefit you? It can also help you save money on heating and cooling costs, and achieve a great return on investment. Below are some of the top reasons to invest in insulated garage doors for your home.
Reasons to Consider Insulated Garage Doors
- Warmth and convenience: Many people use their garages for more than just a storage and car parking area. You might work out there or use it for arts and crafts hobbies. Even if you don’t, you still need to move groceries, children, pets and other family members through the garage on a daily basis. You can keep the buffer zone between your home and the outdoors a lot warmer by taking steps to avoid heat loss. One of the number-one ways you can do this is to choose an insulated garage door.
- Energy efficiency: The additional warmth in your garage from an insulated door, in turn, creates a more energy-efficient home. Few people know that garages have different construction standards than the rest of the home. They are usually one of the least energy-efficient spaces because of gaps and air leakage. This can allow more cold air into the rest of your home and keep your heating system running extra hard. Choosing an insulated garage door will increase temperatures in your home, saving energy and money.
- Protection of your belongings: When your car is in the garage every second you’re not driving it, it’s important to protect against extreme highs and lows in temperature. Cold weather conditions affect your car’s battery life, fluids, tire pressure, wiring systems and more. An insulated door will keep cars running properly when they could otherwise break down. Paint, fertilizers, motor oil and cleaning supplies also stay fresh longer without exposure to the elements. No matter what you keep in the garage, it’ll be better off.
- Durability: Dents and other damage in the surface of your garage door caused by children, pets, cars, inclement weather or other equipment can decrease your home’s curb appeal and even cause the door to malfunction. Because insulated garage doors are usually made of several layers of steel, aluminum, and insulation, they’re more durable and resistant to all forms of damage. Their ability to keep it warmer just inside the garage also protects the opener, spring, and other components, saving you maintenance costs.
- Quieter solution: Insulated doors usually make a lot less noise for several reasons, which can be an important factor if you have early or late work hours and don’t want to disturb those sleeping around you. The insulation works to dampen vibration along the door as well as noise outside when it’s closed. If you notice your door making a lot of sounds, you should check the lubrication on hinges, springs, tracks and other components and look for damage to any part of the door to make sure you don’t need repairs.
Arm-R-Lite’s High Quality Insulated Glass Garage Doors
A quality insulated glass garage door model is hard to come by. Most glass garage door companies only offer only .5” insulated glazing or insulated panels and ignore the non-insulated frame. One glass garage door manufacturer, Arm-R-Lite, tackles both to offer an insulated glass garage door unique to the industry.
Arm-R-Lite Insulated Glass Garage Door Models
Insulated glass garage door manufacturers have three factors to consider: Glass, panels, and frame.
- Arm-R-Lite can provide up to 1” thick insulated glass in our welded aluminum models, no other manufacturer provides this. They can even customize their insulated glass units to meet required thermal values for building codes!
- If the door requires panels, Arm-R-Lite can insulate them as well.
- Because their frame is welded, Arm-R-Lite can inject expanding polyurethane insulating foam directly into the frame cavity and seal it; resulting in both an insulated frame and water resistant feature as shown here.
Polyurethane Insulated Glass Garage Doors By Arm-R-Lite
Polyurethane insulated glass garage doors are a relatively new addition to the glass garage door industry and is the subject of a lot confusion regarding thermal performance.
Polyurethane Insulated Glass Garage Doors vs. Polystyrene
When looking into insulated glass garage doors, it is important to understand the differences between product offerings; particularly regarding insulation.
- Highest rated insulation
- Has one of the lowest moisture permeability ratings
- Resistant to most counter chemicals
- Completely fills rails and stiles
- Insulation rating is half that of polyurethane
- Higher moisture permeability rating
- Can react violently with some chemicals
- Leaves hollow areas inside rails and stiles – reducing thermal performance
Looking for Top Quality Insulated Garage Doors?
Arm-R-Lite got its start manufacturing high quality glass garage doors more than 50 years ago. Since then, their welded aluminum and glass garage doors have become the number one choice among architects for their strength, quality, beauty, and longevity. Their contacts consist of thousands of reputable garage door dealers from all over the country. For more information on their products and services, you can give them a call at (800)554-5816 or just go visit the website.